‘Pyroluria test for brain disorders is Kryptopyrrole this is a name given to a pyrrole-zinc-vitamin B6 complex that may be excreted in the urine of affected individuals. Kryptopyrroluria, which may be associated with abdominal pain or a haemolytic crisis, can result in zinc and vitamin B6 deficiency and also schizophrenia. The condition has similarities to accute intermittent porphyria in that coproporphyrins are also excreted. In the scientific literature kryptopyrroles are also referred to as the ”Mauve Factor” and “pyroluria”
Click HERE to find more information on pyroluria.
The chemical imbalance with the fastest response is pyrrole disorder with significant progress o often reported during the first week. This rapid response results from the ability to normalise vitamind B6 levels in a short time. Zinc deficiency usually can be corrected in 60 days. Treatment of overmethylation usually entails no improvement for the first two weeks, with gradual progress over the next four to eight weeks. Undermethylation is the slowest chemical imbalance to resolve, with three to nine months often required for full effect.
There are a multitude of lab assays that can provide valid evidence of a disordered brain chemistry.
Whole blood histamine:
This is a useful test for evaluation methylation status. Histamine and methyl groups are present in measurable levels throughout the body, and an inverse relationship exists between them.
Histamine is metabolized by methylation, and this is a primary mechanism for regulating histamine concentrations. elevated blood histamine indicates undermethylation and low histamine levels is evidence of overmethylation. Antihistamine treatments can artificially lower histamine and should be avoided for several days prior to sampling. Click HERE for the test I use.
Plasma Zinc. Click HERE for the test I use
Copper has special significance in mental health due to its role in metabolism of dopamine and synthesis of norepinephrine. elevated copper can alter the synaptic activity of these important neurotransmitters. Click HERE for the test I use.
Two purposes of this test:
Identification of pyrrole disorder, a medical condition associated with extreme deficiencies of B6 and zinc.
Assessment of oxidative stress in an individual
Pyrrole disorder typically involves high anxiety impaired immune function and other troubling symptoms.
Severe pyrrole levels have been observed in people with violent behaviours, depression and schizophrenia. Click HERE to find more information on urine pyrroles.
In healthy indiviuduals, about 80% of rum copper is bound to cerulopplasmin, with the remaining 20% present as loosely bound atoms or unbound free radicals.
Patients with more than 25% of their copper not bound to ceruloplasmin have a metal metabolism disorder involving elevated oxidative stress. This condition is common in autism, postpartum depression, ADHD and certain forms of psychosis. Click HERE for the test I use.
Most mental illnesses involve abnormal synaptic activity of one ofor more brain neurotransmitters, and treatment design should reflect this reality.
For example, undermethylation patients generally have depressed serotonin activity, and treatment should provide nutrients that elevate serotonin activity and avoid those that depress it.